The Direct™ single-source liftgate charging system boosts voltage through a DC/DC converter to fully charge liftgate batteries faster and overcome voltage drop from the tractor to the liftgate batteries.
In cold temperatures, the DC/DC converter compensates for temperature by providing higher charging voltages. The result is well-charged liftgate batteries that will last longer and have ample power for liftgate operation.
The smart control unit automatically regulates liftgate battery charge time and fully charges the batteries. This increases battery life and allows the liftgate to work more efficiently. These Direct systems draw power from a 7-way aux pin or are available for straight trucks that utilize an extra liftgate battery box.
The Direct Plus also includes an interior light controller (harness sold separately) designed to turn the lights on inside a trailer and automatically shut them off either via a timer or if the liftgate batteries drop to a low state of charge.
- Maintains and protects batteries
- Maximizes battery life and reduces downtime
- Uses the same power connection for all trailer/tractors
- Provides an extra boost to optimize charge time
- Charges liftgate batteries while drivers travel between stops
- Gives priority to the ABS by turning off within 1/20th of a second if the source voltage drops below 9.5 V
- Includes easy-to-read indicator lights
- Includes 3-year warranty