The Direct™ Max nosebox allows charging from multiple sources and improves the charging of liftgate batteries by utilizing a DC/DC converter to boost the voltage for optimal charging. Capable of charging from the reefer (harness sold separately).
In cold temperatures, the DC/DC converter compensates for temperature by providing higher charging voltages. The result is well-charged liftgate batteries that will last longer and have ample power for liftgate operation.
The Max also includes severe service cables that allow for bulk charging in severe service applications.
It also includes an interior light controller (harness sold separately) designed to turn the lights on inside a trailer and automatically shut them off either via a timer or if the liftgate batteries drop to a low state of charge.
- Combines liftgate charging system into nosebox
- Maintains and protects batteries
- Maximizes battery life and reduces downtime
- Gives priority to the ABS by turning off within 1/20th of a second if the source voltage drops below 9.5 V
- Outputs a signal that can be connected to a telematics system (will alert if liftgate battery gets critically low)
- Replaceable receptacles in case of damage
- Features downward facing receptacles to prevent water build-up and corrosion
- Easy-to-read LED indication
- Powers interior dome lights from the liftgate battery (optional harness required)
- Patented (patent #s 8,004,242 and 9,725,000)
- Includes 3-year warranty
Looking for more information? We have user guides and general product information available. Purkeys can provide you with the right information and solutions to keep you trucking.