November has arrived and so have the yearly cravings for turkey! Not only is it a wonderful season to sit back a bit and think about all the things we have to be grateful for, but it’s already time to decide what kinds of delicious foods we’ll be serving up on Thanksgiving Day.
Although we hope over-the-road truckers can be at home on Thanksgiving, those who can’t have an added difficulty when it comes to preparing their Thanksgiving feast. Since truck cabs don’t exactly come equipped with traditional cooking stations, truckers have to make do with what can be powered by an in-cab inverter or resort to eating out.
This easy 4-ingredient turkey and stuffing recipe requires only a microwave and crock pot or slow cooker:
- 1 (3 lb) boneless turkey breast, thawed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 package stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional: 1 jar prepared gravy
- Place the turkey breast in the crock pot or slow cooker
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to the package directions and place lightly around turkey
- Drizzle the butter over the stuffing
- Cover and cook on High for 4 to 4 ½ hours or until turkey is very tender (make sure turkey reaches an internal temperature of at least 165° F!)
- Optional: Serve with gravy