What better way to wrap up the year than with a warm mug of Christmas brew? The best part is, even if you’re spending practically every waking moment in the cab driving your truck, the only in-cab resources you need to make these easy holiday mugs of cheer are a properly sized inverter and a crock pot/slow cooker! Once you have those items, load up the ingredients you need and enjoy the recipe of your choice!
Included below are recipes for eggnog, caramel apple cider, and spiced cranberry; all using a slow cooker. Note: before you begin, make sure you read the recipe all the way through and ensure your crock pot is large enough for the whole recipe—otherwise, you may need to adjust the amounts accordingly.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: top with whipped topping
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve in mugs with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Caramel Apple Cider
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- Optional: whipped cream, caramel drizzle, additional cinnamon sticks
- Combine the apple cider, caramel syrup, and lemon juice.
- Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add seeds to cider mixture. Place the bean, cinnamon sticks, and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Discard spice bag. Pour cider into mugs and garnish with whipped cream, caramel topping, and additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
- 8 cups hot water
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Red Hot candies
- Optional: 12 whole cloves
- Combine water, sugar, and juices. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- If desired, place cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth (bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag).
- Add spice bag and Red Hots to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Before serving, discard spice bag and stir punch.
We hope you enjoy these holiday beverages! Remember, before cooking anything in your cab, make sure the crock pot is secured in place to prevent spills.