It’s an unspoken rule that Halloween requires having an excess of sugary treats—even as an adult. So why not brew something sweet in your cab (easy to do using a slow cooker plugged into an inverter!) while you’re driving down the road? This pumpkin dump cake is the perfect fall/pumpkin spice/Halloween treat, and the list of ingredients is surprisingly simple!
Pumpkin Slow Cooker Dump Cake
- Spice cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 stick of butter (melted)
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper or liner (this is optional—it just makes the cleanup a little simpler)
- Dump the dry cake mix evenly along the bottom of your lined slow cooker
- Dump in the vanilla pudding mix and canned pumpkin
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the dry ingredients
- Pour the milk evenly over the dry ingredients
- Use a spoon to gently mix until dry ingredients are slightly moistened
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your slow cooker—the larger it is, the less cook time will be needed. The cake will be slightly “wet” in the center; this is normal. Since there aren’t any eggs in the recipe, wet is fine! It’s best when the center is cooked just slightly beyond the original liquid state and the sides are starting to firm up.
That’s it! No tricks—just a scrumptious treat! As an added bonus, this cake is even more delicious served with a drizzle of caramel and either vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Need an inverter to power your slow cooker? Check out our inverters!