Over the road truck driving is notorious for its long hours. So why not take advantage of those long hours? If you’ve got an inverter in your cab and a crock pot/slow cooker, you’re all set to make some delicious Thanksgiving treats! Included below are recipes for pumpkin pie (because no Thanksgiving celebration is complete without pie!) and an easy pecan snack; both using a slow cooker.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- Optional: serve with a dollop of whipped topping or drizzle of cholate or carmel for extra deliciousness!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups pecans
- Mix sugars, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg whites and vanilla. Whisk until frothy.
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add pecans to pot and coat evenly with egg white mixture. Pour sugar mixture over pecans and stir again until pecans are evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every half hour or so. If the sugar mixture doesn’t dissolve, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to the cooker.
- Remove pecans from the cooker to cool.