Too often, AC power is not available to charge electric pallet jacks while the truck is on the road. For drivers who spend long days making delivery after delivery, this often results in dead pallet jack batteries before the day is done. This, of course, results in drivers having to return to the warehouse to either charge the pallet jack or swap it out for a fresh one with theirs charges—a big time-waster for everyone involved.
To eliminate this problem, Purkeys developed the TAPS (Trailer Auxiliary Power System). It takes the DC power from the tractor and converts it to AC power in the trailer to charge the pallet jack.
A restaurant supply fleet in Southern California said this about how the TAPS helped their business, “The TAPS has been a lifesaver for us. We used to have to water our pallet jack batteries constantly and were not getting great battery life, not to mention we would have pallet jacks die on the road all the time. Ever since getting the TAPS, those problems have virtually gone away, and we have had much better battery life.”
This system is a convenient fix for the fleet and the driver as it:
- Charges the pallet jack while the tractor is running; so pallet jacks are charging while drivers are in transit from stop to stop
- Eliminates or reduces the need for warehouse space to charge pallet jacks
- Does not damage tractor batteries
- Only requires the driver to utilize the in-trailer AC charger built into the pallet jack
- Can be mounted inside or outside the trailer
The TAPS allows you to have confidence in scheduling multiple deliveries without concerns of draining pallet jack batteries. A convenient solution to a complicated problem! Learn more about the TAPS here.